For the Kromski fans who wanted a modern wheel, we designed The Fantasia. It touts a sophisticated Kromski design in a modern wheel format.
Many assume the distinguishing feature of a Fantasia is the curved lines of the weighted wheel accent, when it is actually the inconspicuous design of the flyer that garners the most recognition. This flyer design allows the spinner to easily and quickly transition from bobbin to bobbin without having to remove a drive band. The flyer itself is held on by a super strong rare earth magnet but easily releases with a snug pull, granting instant access to the bobbin. The flyer, bobbin and whorl are three separate components, allowing uncomplicated bobbin and whorl exchanges. Because the flyer and wheel rotate on sealed ball bearings, spinning on this wheel is smooth, quiet and effortless.
This wheel also features sliding flyer hooks, which enables the spinner to precisely adjust the yarn as the bobbin fills. The Fantasia has three interchangeable whorls available, allowing for multiple spinning speeds/ratios and giving the spinner a wide variety of yarn types to create. If you are contemplating adding a modern wheel to your collection, you will not be disappointed with the offerings found in the Fantasia.
- 3 bobbins (120g/4.2oz capacity)
- Spinning Wheel Oil
- Threading Hook
The Sonata is a full-size spinning wheel that folds into a small and compact package. It is perfect for traveling, guild and festival gatherings or simply storage. It has a solid feel and footprint with plenty of foot room and easy treadling on double treadles. The orifice is at a comfortable and adjustable height. It features attention grabbing spokes with cuts, curves and character in every piece of wood.
A custom-made, heavily padded bag is now included.
Optional flyers can add to the total range. The Jumbo Flyer offers lower ratios and a larger orifice (.70″), and the Faster Flyer increases the ratio range up to 18:1.
• Wheel diameter: 19″
• Folded dimensions: 22″ by 19″
• Orifice: Height 30″ (can be raised as much as 2″), size – 3/8″
• Bobbins: Three included that will fit all other Kromski wheels. Kromski bobbins have yarn capacity that is 50% greater than many other popular wheel bobbins.
• Single drive with Scotch tension
• Includes threading hook, attached Lazy Kate and bottle of spinning wheel oil; uses an elastic drive band
• Ratios: 6.7, 12.5, 14 to 1; see optional Jumbo and Faster flyers below for other ratio ranges.
• Ball bearings on wheel crank; flyer bearings are custom designed injection molded parts engineered by Kromski for excellent performance.
• Weight: 11.5 lbs.