The level of detail and turning is breathtaking. Notice the wood grain marbling that is highlighted by the stain and finish. No other wheel being made today comes close to this level of detail. A spinner could pay substantially more for other wheels and still not have the beauty of a Kromski. This wheel is a great value that spins as well as it looks.
The Polonaise features functional wheel angle adjustments so the proper angle can be obtained with the flyer. “Pin and socket” bearings support the wheel, offering low friction and exceptional ease of treadling. All of the wheel hardware sits between the wheel posts, and the footman passes through the bench to the treadle.
The Polonaise is made with European alder and birch and comes standard with double drive and scotch tensioning.
• Wheel diameter: 24″
• Orifice height : 25″; size – 3/8″
• Bobbins: 3 included; will fit all other Kromski wheels; Kromski regular bobbins have yarn capacity that is 50% greater than many other popular wheel bobbins; a plus for any spinner
• Includes threading hook, vertical style tensioned Kate and bottle of spinning wheel oil.
• Ratios: 8, 12, 16 and 20 to 1; 2 whorls included
• Leather bearings on flyer
• Weight: 16 lbs.